MCSC Micro Courses
Manitoba Construction Sector Council is a strong advocate for developing and promoting a well-informed and trained workforce for Manitoba’s construction industry.
At MCSC, you can participate in micro-courses that allow you to gain the skills you need to succeed in the workplace.
Take a look at our catalog of micro-courses to see which one(s) will meet your educational needs/workplace needs.
Pan Canadian Micro Credential Definition
A micro-credential is a certification of assessed competencies that is additional, alternate, complementary to or a component of a formal qualification. (adapted from Oliver, 2019)
- Micro-credentials are a complement to traditional credentials (certificate, diploma or degree).
- Micro-credentials are subject to a robust and rigorous quality assurance process.
- Micro-credentials represent competencies identified by employers/industry sectors to meet employer’s needs.
- A micro-credential represents functional ability in one workplace competency.
- Micro-credentials clearly document how the competency was assessed.
- Micro-credentials are stackable, providing clear and seamless pathways across different credentials (both non-credit and credit)
- Micro-credentials are based on mastery of a competency, not on time spent learning.
- Micro-credentials are secure and portable.
- Micro-credentials are to follow institutional approval processes.
MCSC supports the Pan-Canadian Micro-credential definition and principles.
Who are micro-credentials for:
Micro-credentials are best suited for those who:
- Lack the time for a traditional credential.
- Need flexible program options.
- Are building on an existing skill-set to further their career (this is especially true in the post-baccalaureate market).
- Already have skills they need validated by an external source.
- Are developing entry-level skills where they do not yet need broad knowledge/experience.
Home Building Courses:
Home Builder Flow Chart
Heavy Construction Training
Heavy Construction Flow Chart
Commercial Construction Courses
The Supervisor and Project Management online courses offered by MCSC are designed to provide awareness on the role of a leader in construction. For more information on supervision and project management, please contact the Winnipeg Construction Association at https://winnipegconstruction.ca/upcoming-courses/index.html