MCSC Micro Courses
Manitoba Construction Sector Council is a strong advocate for developing and promoting a well-informed and trained workforce for Manitoba’s construction industry.
At MCSC, you can participate in micro-courses that allow you to gain the skills you need to succeed in the workplace.
Take a look at our catalog of micro-courses to see which one(s) will meet your educational needs/workplace needs.
Pan Canadian Micro Credential Definition
A micro-credential is a certification of assessed competencies that is additional, alternate, complementary to or a component of a formal qualification. (adapted from Oliver, 2019)
- Micro-credentials are a complement to traditional credentials (certificate, diploma or degree).
- Micro-credentials are subject to a robust and rigorous quality assurance process.
- Micro-credentials represent competencies identified by employers/industry sectors to meet employer’s needs.
- A micro-credential represents functional ability in one workplace competency.
- Micro-credentials clearly document how the competency was assessed.
- Micro-credentials are stackable, providing clear and seamless pathways across different credentials (both non-credit and credit)
- Micro-credentials are based on mastery of a competency, not on time spent learning.
- Micro-credentials are secure and portable.
- Micro-credentials are to follow institutional approval processes.
MCSC supports the Pan-Canadian Micro-credential definition and principles.
Who are micro-credentials for:
Micro-credentials are best suited for those who:
- Lack the time for a traditional credential.
- Need flexible program options.
- Are building on an existing skill-set to further their career (this is especially true in the post-baccalaureate market).
- Already have skills they need validated by an external source.
- Are developing entry-level skills where they do not yet need broad knowledge/experience.
Home Building Courses:
Heavy Construction Training
Commercial Construction Courses
The Supervisor and Project Management online courses offered by MCSC are designed to provide awareness on the role of a leader in construction. For more information on supervision and project management, please contact the Winnipeg Construction Association at https://winnipegconstruction.ca/upcoming-courses/index.html