- This event has passed.
Manitoba Women in Trades Building Our Future Conference
February 18 - February 19
The Manitoba Construction Sector Council (MCSC) is a not for profit organization that supports new entrants and existing workers in construction with a focus on addressing the needs of underrepresented groups including Indigenous people, youth at risk, women, and immigrants. With this in mind, MCSC and our construction association partners including Manitoba Home Builder’s Association, Manitoba Heavy Construction Association, Manitoba Building Trades, and Winnipeg Construction Association are hosting a Manitoba Women in Trades Conference on February 18-19th, 2020 (8:30AM–4:00PM) at Victoria Inn. This event is geared to women who need support, guidance, and connections to make their construction career a success.
The purpose of this conference:
- Women will identify challenges and demonstrate effective strategies to work in construction
- Women will be connected to supports available in Manitoba for women in trades
- Employers will demonstrate best practices in the recruitment and retention of women working in construction
- Indigenous women will learn how to overcome challenges to retain employment in the construction industry
- Construction and safety associations, educational institutions, Apprenticeship and construction companies will host a trade show to recruit and market their products and services
- Attendees will network and build relationships to support women in construction
Attendees will include:
youth, newcomers, Indigenous women, employers, apprentices, and journey people
Topics at the Conference:
1. Employers: Best Practices
2. Indigenous Women: Pathways to Construction
3. Newcomers Transition to Work in Construction
4. Youth: How to Get Into the Trades
5. Supports Available for Women Entering the Trades
To make this event happen, we are in need of sponsorship from our industry, education and government partners. With this support, we will be able to bring in the very best presenters and will sponsor women who could not otherwise afford to attend this event.